Engineering Undergraduate Research Program (EURP)
The College of Engineering Undergraduate Research Program (EURP) is designed to involve outstanding undergraduate students in research projects and encourage these students to consider graduate school.
The major features of the program are:
- EURP provides total funding of $4500 for a student stipend (450 hours at $10/hour).
- You must provide a short summary of your research progress at the end of each semester. Renewal of your EURP appointment for the next semester (or summer) is contingent on approval from your research advisor.
- You should present your results at an appropriate professional venue (technical meeting, peer-reviewed publication, USU Undergraduate Research Showcase, Utah Conference on Undergraduate Research, Research on the Hill, etc.).
To be eligible, you must:
- Admission into the professional program by the start of the proposed project.
- EURP now uses the same criteria which allows pre-professional students to enroll in professional program courses.
- Expected to work 10 hours/week, starting in Summer or Fall 2021
- Proposed timeline must allow 3 semesters of work before graduating
- Summer can count as 0 semesters, 1 semester at 10 hours/week, or 2 semesters at 20 hours/week
- Applications for Fall 2021 are anticipated in November
Applications are due Thursday April 8, 2021 by 5:00pm