Turn Idea Into Reality
It’s an exciting time to study electrical engineering. Battery-powered vehicles are revolutionizing transportation; renewable energy offers promising solutions to climate change; and electronic devices are an essential part of everyday life. USU offers a world-class, research-driven grad school experience led by award-winning faculty. We offer students a competitive advantage because we are home to world-class facilities including the NSF-funded ASPIRE Engineering Research Center for electrified transportation and the world-renowned Space Dynamics Lab.
Choose the degree path that is right for you. All programs are offered face-to-face at the USU Logan campus.
For currently enrolled undergraduate students only.
Master of Science (MS)
- Plan A: 30 credits plus thesis. Ideal for students pursuing careers at government labs or in commercial R&D.
- Plan B: 30 credits and an engineering project. Designed for students preparing for careers requiring advanced design experience.
Master of Science (MS) in Space Systems Engineering
33 credits. No thesis required. Expand your technical knowledge with coursework in spacecraft instrumentation and control, navigation, propulsion, astrodynamics, and more.
Master of Engineering (ME)
30 credits. No thesis required. Designed for students with a BS who want to increase their technical knowledge or expand career opportunities.
A unique program designed for future leaders who have a passion for the business side of engineering.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
The PhD program prepares electrical engineering researchers who teach at colleges and universities or work in R&D roles in government and industry labs. Students can begin the PhD program with a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- –Communications Technology
- –Control Systems
- –Image Compression
- –Instrumentation and Optics
- –Model Checking and Probabilistic Verification
- –Networks and Concurrent Systems
- –Power Electronics
- –Signal and Image Processing
Communications Tech, Networks and Concurrent Systems, Signal and Image Processing
Electric Vehicle and Roadway Research Facility
Power Electronics Lab
Center for Advanced Imaging LIDAR
Experience Utah State
Where Our Alumni Work
Ready to Apply?
- –GRE Not Required
- –Minimum 3.0 GPA
- –Official Transcript
- –TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language Exam)
- –Letter of Recommendation
- –Statement of Purpose (approx. 750 words)
Ready to go? Before applying to the USU School of Graduate Studies, contact Tricia Brandenburg to explore current funding and enrollment opportunities.