Launch the Next Generation of Space Flight
USU is a national leader in aerospace engineering research and education. Our faculty and student researchers are developing morphing flight surface technologies and the latest advances in small satellites. We’re also pioneering one of the world’s first environmentally friendly propellants for next-generation aerospace applications. Utah is home to a bustling aerospace industry, and USU’s world-renowned Space Dynamics Laboratory is right next door to our Logan campus. If you’re considering a career in the aeronautics or space industries, Utah State University is your best choice for a world-class, high-value education.
Choose the degree path that’s right for you. All graduate programs are offered face-to-face at our USU Logan campus.
Master of Science (MS) in Aerospace Engineering
- Plan A: coursework plus thesis. Designed for students considering a PhD or a career that requires research experience.
- Plan B: coursework plus research report. Ideal for students pursuing careers that require advanced design experience.
- Plan C: coursework only. Designed to help students increase their technical knowledge and expand career opportunities.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Aerospace Education
The PhD is a research-intensive program for students pursuing advanced leadership roles in the defense and aerospace industries or who plan to teach engineering at 4-year colleges and universities. Students can begin the PhD program with a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- –Aerospace Materials and Structures
- –Fluid Dynamics
- –Guidance, Navigation, and Control
- –Numerical Methods
Space Dynamics Lab
Static Testing Cell
Recirculating Wind Tunnel
Ready to Apply?
- –GRE scores: Quantitative ≥ 70th percentile and Verbal ≥ 40th percentile
- –Bachelor's in mechanical or aerospace engineering from an accredited program
- –Minimum 3.3 GPA
- –Familiarity with FORTRAN, C, or MATLAB
- –International students have additional requirements
- –Official Transcript
- –TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreien Language) Exam
- –Letter of Recommendation
- –Statement of Purpose (approx. 750 words)
Ready to learn more? Before applying to the USU School of Graduate Studeis, contact Joan Rudd to explore current funding and enrollment opportunities.