Utah State University 132nd Commencement
Announcement to the graduating class of 2019 from Dean Kaluarachchi
College of Engineering Convocation and Hooding Ceremony
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Thursday, May 2, 2019
Dee Glen Smith Spectrum
Susan Mooney Johnson
The College of Engineering undergraduate convocation ceremony and graduate hooding ceremonies will be combined into a single event. This means undergraduates and master’s and PhD candidates attend the same graduation event.
Join us Thursday, May 2 at 12 p.m. in the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum for this special ceremony where we recognize each graduate by name and award them with a beautiful diploma cover. Your official diploma will be mailed to you separately.
Tickets are not required for this event. Immediately following the ceremony, join us for ice cream on the lawn just north of the Education Building (EDUC). Look for the giant white tent.
Video coverage of the ceremony will be streamed live at aggiecast.usu.edu/channel2
Susan Mooney Johnson's Bio
Susan Mooney Johnson received her BS in Engineering from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California and worked on her graduate studies at the University of Santa Clara, UC Irvine.
She retired in 2017 as the President and CEO of Futura Industries in Clearfield, UT, which is a world class medium scale aluminum extrusion company.
Retirement is a misnomer in some way, as Susan is currently serving in many capacities, a few of them are:
- Board of Regents for the Utah Systems of Technical Colleges since 2017
- Board Member of GOED, for the Governor’s Office of Economic Development since 2015
- Board of Directors, Zions First National Bank since 1990
- ARUP since 2000
- Chair, Board of Trustees for the Northern Utah Academy of Math, Engineering, Science since 2000
- Member of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Salt Lake City Branch since 2013
- Board Member of University of Utah Hospital Board since 2014
- Chair of the Quality Committee, University of Utah Hospital since 2017.
She served on the Board of Trustees for Utah State University from 2008 – 2017.
Susan has received many honors and awards, a few of them are:
- CalPoly, San Luis Obispo, Alumna of the year in 2006 from the College of Engineering
- Outstanding Utah Director Award in 2007
- UMA, Utah Manufacturing Association, Business CEO of the Year, 2010
- Davis County Outstanding Business of the Year, 2011
- UMA, Utah Manufacturing Association, Manufacturer of the Year, 2015