All Engineering graduates are invited to participate in this year's "Order of the Engineer" Ring Ceremony to accept the "Obligation of an Engineer". Participation is a voluntary step to show your dedication to the field of engineering as you work in and with the public.
What is an Engineer's Ring Ceremony?
The Ring Ceremony is the public induction of candidates into the Order of the Engineer, during which the engineer candidates formally accept the Obligation of an Engineer and receive a stainless steel ring to be worn as a symbol on the small finger of the working hand.
What is the "Obligation of an Engineer"?
The Obligation is the formal statement of an engineer's responsibilities to the public and to the profession. The obligation is publicly accepted by an engineer during induction at a Ring Ceremony.
What is the Purpose?
To stimulate formal public recognition by engineers in the U.S. of two basic principles:
- The primary purpose of the engineering profession is the protection of the public, health, safety, and welfare.
- All members of the engineering profession share a common bond.
"To meet the needs of the future, we look to you, the engineers of the future"
- All Types
- Academic Calendar (4)
- Ceremony/Awards (2)
- Arts/Entertainment (0)
- Celebration/Fair/Festival (0)
- Conference/Seminar (0)
- Cultural (0)
- Date/Deadline (0)
- Exhibition (0)
- Fundraiser (0)
- Information/Orientation (0)
- Lecture/Readings (0)
- Breakfast/Luncheon/Dinner (0)
- Meeting (0)
- Panel Discussion/Presentation (0)
- Reception/Reunion (0)
- Recreation (0)
- Social/Networking (0)
- Special Event (0)
- Sports (0)
- Student Activities (0)
- Workshop/Training (0)
- More Types
- All Audiences
- Students (1)
- Faculty (1)
- General Public (0)
- Alumni (0)
- Staff (0)
- Parents (0)
- Invitation only (0)
- Prospective Students (0)
- All Departments
- College of Engineering (2)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) (0)
- Biological Engineering (0)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (0)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (0)
- Engineering Education (0)
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (0)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) (0)
- Space Dynamics Laboratory (0)
- More Departments
- Utah State University (0)