Be the Future of Engineering Education
USU was one of the first universities in the nation to create an academic department dedicated to engineering education. At the heart of our department is a passion for better teaching through evidence-based instructional practices. Our award-winning faculty prepare the next generation of educators through real-world learning experiences and state-of-the-art education research. Our graduates are qualified to teach at colleges and universities around the world or fill leadership roles in higher education, government, policy, research, publishing, and more.
We offer both PhD and Master of Science programs in engineering education. Choose the degree path that’s right for you. All programs are delivered face-to-face at the USU Logan campus.
Master of Science (MS) in Engineering Education
- Plan A: coursework plus thesis. A research-intensive program designed for students who plan to pursue a PhD or career that requires research experience.
- Plan B: coursework plus research project. Ideal for students who want to teach engineering at two-year colleges or pursue a career with a minimum research experience requirement.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering Education
A research-intensive program that prepares students to become engineering instructors, researchers, administrators, education or training specialists, education data specialists, or educational hardware/software developers.
- –Broadening Participation in Engineering
- –Engineering Learning & Problem Solving
- –Engineering Workplace & Training
- –K-12 STEM Education
- –Online Engineering Education
- –Technology Enhanced Learning
Engineering Writing Center
Engineering Electronics Lab
Engineering Education Research Lab
Engineering Design Lab
Ready to Apply?
- –No GRE Required
- –For MS applicants, a BS degree in an engineering, engineering technology, or computer science discipline is required
- –For PhD applicants, a master’s degree in any discipline is required
- –Minimum 3.0 GPA
- –Proof of English language proficiency
- –Official Transcripts
- –Three professional references
- –Resume or CV
- –Personal Essay
Before applying to the USU School of Graduate Studies, contact Denise Haller to explore current funding and enrollment opportunities.