Build a Stronger, Lighter, and Safer World
Utah’s advanced manufacturing industries are booming! Our state is home to more than 200 advanced manufacturing companies with 12,000 employees in the aerospace, biomedical, outdoor products, renewable energy, and defense industries. This new master’s degree was created to meet the growing need for well-trained professionals who specialize in composite materials and structures. Course delivery can be customized to meet students’ needs with face-to-face and online options available. Lab requirements can be arranged with your program coordinator. The program is designed for working professionals who want to expand career opportunities in the field of composite materials.
Master of Science (MS) in Composite Materials and Structures
- Requires 33 credits of coursework. No thesis required. Some courses may be available online or face to face. Alternatives to on-campus classes and lab instruction can be arranged with your program coordinator.
- –Design and Analysis
- –Analytical & Numerical Modeling
- –Mechanics of Composite Materials
- –Testing and Quality
- –Additive Manufacturing
- –NDE and Repair
- –Materials Joining
- –Manufacturing and Processing
- –Material Science of Composites
Meet Your Future Mentor
At USU we take pride in quality teaching and mentorship. Our faculty create rich learning experiences inside the lab and classroom, providing students the training they need for a successful career. Beyond the classroom, students can take advantage of the many partnerships our professors have with industry contacts who recruit USU engineering graduates.
Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer
Ready to Apply?
- –GRE scores: Quantitative ≥ 70th percentile and Verbal ≥ 40th percentile
- –Bachelor's in mechanical or aerospace engineering from an accredited program
- –Minimum 3.3 GPA
- –Familiarity with FORTRAN, C, or MATLAB
- –International students have additional requirements
- –Official Transcript
- –TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Exam
- –Letter of Recommendation
- –Statement of Purpose (approx. 750 words)
Ready to learn more? Before applying to the USU School of Graduate Studies, contact Joan Rudd to explore current funding and enrollment opportunities.