Space Systems Engineering Program
The Space Systems Engineering (MS-C) degree is designed to provide early- and mid-career professionals with post-graduate education and an opportunity to develop an understanding of system engineering from the perspective of the space engineering discipline. The program offers coursework in space systems engineering, space environment, space instruments, spacecraft controls, spacecraft navigation, astrodynamics, propulsion, aerodynamics, flight dynamics, and associated supporting coursework.
Plan C Coursework -33 credits
- Successful completion of a minimum of 33 credits (beyond the Bachelor of Science Degree) of graduate-level coursework, at or above the 5000-level.
- Must receive a grade of “C” or better in each course while maintaining a graduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
All graduate students must complete School of Graduate Studies' (SGS) forms and requirements for their chosen plan.
Technical Elective Coursework
- ECE 6010ECE 6010 – Stochastic Processes
- ECE 7030ECE 7030 – Detection and Estimation
- MAE 5370MAE 5370 – Optimization
- MAE 5420MAE 5420 – Compressible Fluid Flow
- MAE 5500MAE 5500 – Aerodynamics
- MAE 6320MAE 6320 – Linear Multivariable Control
- MAE 6340MAE 6340 – Spacecraft Attitude Control Theory
- MAE 6540MAE 6540 – Advanced Astrodynamics
- MAE 7540MAE 7540 – Advanced Applied Astrodynamics
- ECE 7560ECE/MAE 7560 – Optimal Estimation for Aerospace Systems
- MATH 5410MATH 5410 – Methods of Applied Mathematics
- ECE 5220ECE 5220 – Electro-Optical Engineering
- ECE 5240ECE 5240 – Space Systems Design
- ECE 6030ECE 6030 – Math Methods of Signal and Systems
- ECE 7210ECE 7210 – Spacecraft Instrumentation
- MAE 5320MAE 5320 – Mechatronics
- MAE 5510MAE 5510 – Dynamics of Atmospheric Flight
- MAE 5540MAE 5540 – Propulsion
- MAE 6560MAE 6560 – Space Navigation
- MAE 6570MAE 6570 – Optimal Spacecraft Guidance
- MAE 7330MAE 7330 – Nonlinear and Adaptive Control
Have questions? We would be happy to help you. If you have questions concerning the application process, which programs are available, the coursework or requirements for each degree, or general information about graduate school, please contact us.