The Pre-Professional Program is designed to help students gather the necessary tools to be successful during the junior and senior years of their degree program. To view pre-professional course requirements please visit the general catalog.
All students who complete the Pre-Professional program courses and meet the Professional Program admission requirements are eligible to apply for admission into the professional program.
Students who have not finished all Pre-Professional program courses but would like to start taking some professional program courses can request permission to do so prior to being admitted if they meet the permission requirements:
A student can be given permission to take professional classes for which they have the prerequisite if they meet the following requirements:
- Have 10 credits or less of pre-professional program classes to complete
- Meet the required GPA (.2 higher pre-professional GPA than the required GPA for admission into the Professional Program)
- Biological: 2.5
- Computer, Electrical, Mechanical: 3.0
- Civil, Environmental: 2.7
- Register for remaining pre-professional classes in the semester they are requesting permission.
- Request permission by completing the form below
To apply for the Professional Program or to request permission to take Professional Program courses, please complete the form here:Request Permission/Apply for Admission