Graduate Student Funding Opportunities
Several types of tuition waivers are available. See the USU Graduate School webpage for more information.
Scholarships, Fellowships, and Grants
- Scholarships sponsored by various professional groups (AWWA, ASCE, WEAU, AWRA, A&WMA, etc.) are available throughout the year
- Presidential Doctoral Research Fellowship (PDRF)
- USU Alumni Legacy Scholarship and Seely-Hinckley Scholarship
- Travel Grants: College of Engineering PhD Student Travel Grants and School of Graduate Studies Travel Funding
- W.O. Carter Scholarship: Awarded to graduate students (MS and PhD) in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with preference given to students who are/will be doing research using numerical analysis techniques to solve problems related to 1) structural analysis and design; 2) geotechnical engineering focused on buried pipe or other solid structures integrating soil-structure interaction; or 3) engineering mechanics, including composite materials. Up to $20,000 available. Incoming and current graduate students are eligible applications are open January 1 - 31 each year.
- William A. Cordon Endowment Scholarship: for CEE Graduate Students involved in concrete research. Two $2000 scholarships are available. Applications are open January 1 - 31 each year.