Nominate a University Service Award Recipient
Submission Deadline: January 26, 2018
The Faculty University Service Award is awarded each year to recognize and emphasize excellence in service to the operations and governance of the University. Recognized activities will include service at the University, College and/or Department levels and may include Libraries and USU Extension. Examples include:
- Service on one or more of the standing or ad hoc committees of the Faculty Senate or on other councils, committees, and/or task forces addressing specific university issues and initiatives;
- Service on Department, College, or University-level committees;
- Service on search committees or promotion/tenure committees;
- Other activities performed in service to the University.
The award is not intended to recognize service to a professional organization or community outside USU.
The University awardee will be selected from the pool of College awardees that are chosen annually by each of the eight academic colleges (including RCDE campuses), USU Extension, and Libraries. The Faculty Evaluation Committee (FEC) of the Faculty Senate will oversee the selection of the University awardee.
The Faculty University Service Award will be announced at the annual Robins Awards and recognized at the Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony. The recipient of the award will be given a prize of $1,000.
Nominees must be full-time faculty members (tenure-track, tenured, or term appointments) without administrative role statements. Because so many individuals are potentially deserving of this award, past recipients will not be considered, nor will current, recent (within 3 years of serving) Faculty Senate presidents. The following criteria for selection of the nominees shall apply:
- Excellence in institutional service over at least three years as supported by letters from peers and other evidence.
- Evidence of effective leadership while involved in service activities.
- Evidence of outstanding quality, innovation, and impact in service activities.
In order to provide greater uniformity in the nomination materials provided to the Committee, the following must be prepared, with a maximum of 16 pages total length, approximately 12 pt. font. Materials must be submitted via electronic form.
- A statement from the nominee summarizing his or her activities in institutional service over at least the last three years (2 pages maximum).
- A short CV that emphasizes service roles and leadership in University service (3 pages maximum)
- Letters of support from peers who are familiar with the candidate’s institutional service (maximum of five letters of no more than 2 pages each).
- A short biography (2 paragraph maximum).
- A professional portrait.
Questions can be directed to the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost by contacting Lauren Skousen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-797-0121.