Nominate a University Service Award RecipientSubmission Deadline: January 26, 2018
The Faculty University Service Award is awarded each year to recognize and emphasize excellence in service to the operations and governance of the University. Recognized activities will include service at the University, College and/or Department levels and may include Libraries and USU Extension. Examples include:
- Service on one or more of the standing or ad hoc committees of the Faculty Senate or on other councils, committees, and/or task forces addressing specific university issues and initiatives;
- Service on Department, College, or University-level committees;
- Service on search committees or promotion/tenure committees;
- Other activities performed in service to the University.
- Excellence in institutional service over at least three years as supported by letters from peers and other evidence.
- Evidence of effective leadership while involved in service activities.
- Evidence of outstanding quality, innovation, and impact in service activities.
- A statement from the nominee summarizing his or her activities in institutional service over at least the last three years (2 pages maximum).
- A short CV that emphasizes service roles and leadership in University service (3 pages maximum)
- Letters of support from peers who are familiar with the candidate’s institutional service (maximum of five letters of no more than 2 pages each).
- A short biography (2 paragraph maximum).
- A professional portrait.