USU Students Present at 41st Annual Astronautical Conference
News Release — LOGAN, UTAH, February 9, 2018 — Five engineering students from Utah State University attended the 41st Annual AAS Guidance, Navigation and Control Conference in Breckenridge, Colo.
The USU delegates hosted a booth that was visited by more than 100 college students. Additionally, the students prepared conference papers and presentations that were delivered at the conference. The event was held Feb. 2-7.
The students were advised by David Geller, an assistant professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering at Utah State University. Dr. Geller is an expert in Spacecraft Guidance and Navigation & Control. He also manages the USU-STAR telescope, an Air Force-funded project that investigates optical detection and tracking of geostationary debris objects.
The students in attendance were:
- Simon Shuster (Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, undergraduate)
- Rachit Bhatia (Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, undergraduate)
- Nick Ortolano (Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, undergraduate)
- Akhter Mohmud Nafi (Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, graduate)
- Aaron Avery (Electrical & Computer Engineering, graduate)