Darcie Christensen Wins Robins Award
April 27, 2017 – College of Engineering undergraduate Darcie Christensen is among the winners of this year's Robins Awards.
The Robins Awards are the most coveted of all Utah State University honors and the awards night is the year’s most prestigious event. This year marks the 68th year since Bill E. Robins was student body president at Utah State University. It is in his name that we continue to celebrate this renowned tradition.
This year more than 100 nominations from students, staff and administration were received. Those nominated were asked to submit a comprehensive biography by which a selection committee could evaluate their accomplishments.
Darcie Christensen is a biological engineering major from Tremonton, Utah. She is this year's recipient of the Robins Award - Scholar of the Year.
Following the Robins Awards ceremony on April 15th, 2017, the official 2017 Robins Awards recipients are as follows:
- Faculty University Service Award - Rebecca G. Lawver
- Faculty Researcher of the Year - Silvana Martini
- Master Student Researcher of the Year - Jacqueline Keating
- Doctoral Researcher of the Year - Salif Mahamane
- Graduate Student Teacher of the Year - Sherena Huntsman
- Peak Prize: Undergraduate Researcher of the Year - Margaret Hallerud
- Undergraduate Faculty Mentor of the Year - Christy Glass
- Professional Advisor of the Year - Tressa M. Haderlie
- Eldon J. Gardner Teacher of the Year - Matt Omasta
- Scholar of the Year - Darcie Christensen
- Legacy of Utah State Award - Erik Gray
- Female Athlete of the Year -Jessica Brooksby
- Male Athlete of the Year - Dillon Maggard
- Gerald R. Sherratt Award - Jessica Bishop
- Talent of the Year - Michael Francis
- Organization of the Year - Best Buddies
- Val R. Christensen Service Award - Becca Huppi
- Woman of the Year - Ashley Waddoups Man of the Year - Garrett White
- Bill E. Robins Memorial Award - Ty B. Aller
Contact: Spencer Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org | (435) 797-7308