Utah State University’s CEE Department Gets Attention from Industry Magazines
Feb. 15, 2017 - Utah State University’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering was mentioned several times recently in the United States Society on Dams (USSD) Newsletter and the Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO) Annual Report.
- Blake Tullis, Water Division Head and CEE professor at Utah State University, served as the vice chair of the International Scientific Committee. The committee co-sponsored International Symposium on Hydraulic Structures (ISHS) on June 27-30, 2016 in Portland, Oregon.
- Utah State University received special thanks from USSD following their successful International Symposium on Hydraulic Structures (ISHS).
- John D. Rice, an associate professor at USU, was mentioned as an author of the 2016 Outstanding Young Professional’s paper, “An Empirical Model for Estimating Internal Erosion Critical Gradients for Inclined Exit Face Conditions”. Research for the paper was conducted at Utah State University.
- Lourdes Polanco-Boulware, a graduate student at USU, and her co-author, USU assistant professor Dr. John D. Rice, won ASDSO’s 2015 Student Paper Competition. They presented their paper at Dam Safety 2015.
- John D. Rice authored an article for USSD, entitled “Internal Erosion Symposium Features Visit to Site of Teton Dam Failure." Dr. Rice served as Chair for the USSD symposium which took took place August 2016 in Salt Lake City.
Grace Michaelson – USU College of Engineering | email@example.com | office: +1-435-797-8170 | cell: +1-702-524-1070 | @EngineeringUSU | engineering.usu.edu