Computer Engineering Undergraduate Program
Computer Engineering involves designing computers and devices, and writing the algorithms and programs that run on them. From finding ways to store big data, to making microprocessors work faster, to virtual reality and gaming, computer engineering is the process of creating and improving computer hardware and software applications. Computer engineers design ways to make computers fit in smaller spaces, consume less power, and outperform existing technology.
- ⇒ Embedded Systems
- ⇒ Wireless Networking
- ⇒ Cyber Security
- ⇒ 3-D Integrated Circuit Design
- ⇒ Computer Architecture
- Computer Engineering offers a concurrent BS/MS degree.
- The Department boasts a small student-teacher ration in upper-division courses.
- Student-selected senior design projects encompass a wide variety of topics ranging from mobile robots to traffic control systems.
- Virtually 100% of USU's Computer Engineering students have job offers before graduation.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Tau Beta Pi (Engineering Honor Society)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Engineering Council
Computer Engineering Students and graduates launch successful internships and careers with leading employers:
College of Engineering Advising Office | ENGR 3rd Floor | (435) 797-2705 Elec. & Comp Engineering Dept. | ece.usu.edu