CEROS Project Information
The CHARTS data will be utilized to create a texel image of the sea floor.
- Replace existing CHARTS DuncanTech digital imager with Texel Camera™.
- Slave Texel Camera to CHARTS system
- Run data collection flights.
- Demonstrate real-time capability.
- Analyze alignment quality.
- Produce bathymetric maps.
Potential Real-time Coastal Applications
- Port and seashore security
- Submarine obstacle avoidance
- Marine and riverine operations safety
- Beach accretion and erosion monitoring
- Search and rescue
- Surf forecasting
- Special Ops
- Automatic Target Recognition
Sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
Administered by the National Defense Center of Excellence for Research in Ocean Science (CEROS), an agency of the State of Hawaii
Supported by the Naval Oceanographic Office (NAVOCEANO)
Supported by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)