Full Details of the learning objectives, assessment plan, student outcomes, and evidence of continuous improvement for the Environmental Engineering - BS program of study can be found at this link: http://catalog.usu.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=12&poid=9444&returnto=3324
The undergraduate Environmental Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org
Graduates of the program are expected to have attained the following outcomes to prepare them to attain the Program Educational Objectives.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Education Objectives for the Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Engineering are that within five years:
- Graduates will be successfully employed in environmental engineering or related careers and will become independent thinkers and effective communicators, team members, and decision makers.
- Graduates will incorporate economic, environmental, social, ethical, and sustainability considerations into the practice of environmental engineering and will promote public health and safety.
- Graduates will continue engagement in life-long learning to improve their professional knowledge and skill level by pursuing advanced degrees or additional educational opportunities through coursework, professional conferences and training, or participation in professional societies.
- Graduates will pursue professional licensure or other appropriate certifications.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
Enrollment by Rank
Enrollment by Level
Note: Graduate degrees and enrollment are included in the Civil Engineering total