Civil Engineering Undergraduate Assessment
The undergraduate Civil Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives for the Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering are that within five years:
- Graduates will be successfully employed in civil engineering or related careers and will become independent thinkers and effective communicators, team members, and decision makers.
- Graduates will incorporate economic, environmental, social, ethical, and sustainability considerations into the practice of civil engineering and will promote public health and safety.
- Graduates will engage in life-long learning by pursuing advanced degrees or additional educational opportunities through coursework, professional conferences and training, or participation in professional societies.
- Graduates will pursue professional licensure or other appropriate certifications.
The Civil Engineering Program uses 7 student outcomes to support the program educational objectives (PEOs) and prepare graduates to enter the professional practice of engineering. By the time of graduation, students will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
* Graduate degrees (Masters and Doctorates) are Civil and Environmental Engineering.