A time to get together and learn how to prepare, lay, and bake Carbon Fiber panels while learning about its applications and usefulness in our everyday lives. An event to socialize and encourage you to join the SAMPE club!
Join us for a presentation by alumni Katie Henderson as she talks about how to put engineering clubs on your resume, and learn more about Engineers Without Borders. Food will be provided, everyone is welcome!
BY INVITATION ONLY. The Utah Gamma Chapter of Tau Beta Pi will be inducting new members at this event. Eligible candidates need to pay the Tau Beta Pi membership fees prior to the event. After the ceremony, chapter members will enjoy refreshments and some social games.
All Engineering graduates are invited to participate in this year's "Order of the Engineer" Ring Ceremony to accept the "Obligation of an Engineer". Participation is a voluntary step to show your dedication to the field of engineering as you work in and with the public.
What is an Engineer's Ring Ceremony?
The Ring Ceremony is the public induction of candidates into the Order of the Engineer, during which the engineer candidates formally accept the Obligation of an Engineer and receive a stainless steel ring to be worn as a symbol on the small finger of the working hand.
What is the "Obligation of an Engineer"?
The Obligation is the formal statement of an engineer's responsibilities to the public and to the profession. The obligation is publicly accepted by an engineer during induction at a Ring Ceremony.
What is the Purpose?
To stimulate formal public recognition by engineers in the U.S. of two basic principles:
- The primary purpose of the engineering profession is the protection of the public, health, safety, and welfare.
- All members of the engineering profession share a common bond.
"To meet the needs of the future, we look to you, the engineers of the future"
ASME's Annual Pinewood Derby! This Derby will consist of 4 race categories: Standard BSA Rules, Style, Professional, and Open (No Rules). The Derby is open for everyone, not just students! It is held in the TSC International Lounge at 5 pm on December 9th. ASME is giving out free car kits! Email email@example.com for more information or to participate in more ASME events!
- All Types
- Academic Calendar (483)
- Celebration/Fair/Festival (180)
- Special Event (90)
- Student Activities (90)
- Conference/Seminar (84)
- Meeting (65)
- Workshop/Training (30)
- Ceremony/Awards (20)
- Social/Networking (18)
- Information/Orientation (17)
- Panel Discussion/Presentation (15)
- Breakfast/Luncheon/Dinner (14)
- Lecture/Readings (13)
- Exhibition (11)
- Recreation (5)
- Arts/Entertainment (1)
- Cultural (0)
- Date/Deadline (0)
- Fundraiser (0)
- Reception/Reunion (0)
- Sports (0)
- More Types
- All Audiences
- Students (354)
- Faculty (247)
- Staff (235)
- Parents (174)
- General Public (139)
- Alumni (126)
- Prospective Students (90)
- Invitation only (0)
- All Departments
- College of Engineering (0)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) (0)
- Biological Engineering (0)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (0)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (0)
- Engineering Education (0)
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (0)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) (0)
- Space Dynamics Laboratory (0)
- More Departments
- Utah State University (0)