IBE seeks to give an identity to all Biological Engineering students regardless of emphasis, provide professional development and networking opportunities, and showcase undergraduate research. IBE aims to champion biological engineering among the community, industry, and government to further biology-inspired engineering.
What is the Institute of Biological Engineering?
A nonprofit organization founded in 1995, the Institute of Biological Engineering (IBE) is a professional organization which encourages inquiry and interest in biological engineering. The organization contributes to the advancement of biology founded technologies through national meetings and conferences, interactions among academia, professionals and government, and the timely distribution of information on new knowledge and technologies.
The Utah State University student chapter of IBE seeks to accomplish the goals of its parent organization through activities more accessible to local university students.
Why Join the Institute of Biological Engineering USU Chapter?
- Become connected with a diverse set of local students who are all enthusiastic about Biological Engineering
- Capitalize on leadership opportunities within the local chapter
- Establish industry and academic connections through conference events, outreach participation, and professional development activities
How to Join the IBE USU chapter:
We are excited to get to know you, and we look forward to adding to your knowledge, skills, and connections in the field of Biological Engineering! To become a member of the USU chapter:
- Fill out the below information
- Pay the one-time local membership fee
- Prepare to participate in a club that seeks to enhance your experience in Biological Engineering
What is the Membership fee used for?
The one-time fee of $25 qualifies you for an ongoing membership of the Institute of Biological Engineering USU chapter. The funds generated through membership fees help purchase supplies for member activities, subsidize local conference costs, and provide T-shirts for club members to proudly wear!
Jake Accordino - President
AJ Walters - VP Membership
Clark Riddle - VP Communications
Drew Porter - VP Finances
Want to know more?
Send us your questions or tell us your ideas! We are always looking to improve and expand!