Summer Undergraduate Research Internships
This summer outreach program provides eligible students a chance to learn cutting edge research techniques and communication skills while working in small groups to investigate how to pursue discovery research.
Can plant growth under drought stress be improved by bacteria or by nanotechnology? Can 3D printed matrixes improve plant growth in microgravity?
Can electronic matrials and systems be developed and manufactured to speed up acurate computation in emerging micro electric technologies?
- Completion of two semesters
- Good standing in your college, with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Preferred classwork in agriculture, engineering, biology, chemistry, and physics
- U.S. Citizen and permanent residency
Research Program Details:
- USU Main Campus, Logan, UT
- $5,000 stipend (i.e. ”salary”)
- On campus housing and travel costs included
- Meals provided
- Rec facilities access
- Group activities and outings
- Hands-on research in faculty labs
- Personal mentoring and guidance
- New research skills
- Training in technical writing, communication, and presentations
USU's Native American STEM Program participants present research by Mitch Henline, Cache Valley Daily, June 6, 2017
Undergraduate students share research, experiences in STEM program by Kevin Opsahl, The Herald Journal, June 30, 2017