Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates in Tomorrow’s Nanomanufacturing: Engineering with Science (TNEWS)
This 10 week program provides an opportunity for undergraduate students from engineering, physics, biology, agriculture, etc. to develop their creativity at the micro to nanoscale, where science and engineering converge. Participants will work on a research project co-mentored by faculty in engineering and science, interact with entrepreneurs and innovators in the field, and develop professional skills in communication, leadership, and teamwork. Participants will tour world-class nanomanufacturing facilities and network with industry leaders, faculty, and peers in the mid-South and intermountain West.
- Hands-on-research in state-of-the-art facilities
- Industry visits, social activities, poster session
- Professional skills training in leadership, teamwork, communication, ethics, innovation and design
- Undergraduate students majoring in science or engineering
- U.S. Citizen and permanent resident
- Minorities and women strongly encouraged to apply