Nominate a Doctoral Student Researcher of the Year
Submission Deadline: January 12, 2018
The Office of Research and Graduate Studies seeks nominations from the colleges for outstanding Doctoral students to be considered for University Doctoral Student Researcher of the Year. (Submissions can only be made by the college deans’ offices). All college Doctoral Student Researchers of the Year should be submitted to be part of the selection pool, from which one will be chosen as the University Doctoral Student Researcher of the Year.
Student must be selected and endorsed by his or her college dean. (Submission process for colleges only.)
- Name and A # of nominee
- Curriculum vitae in standard format
- No more than 3 letters of support (writers should address specific examples of researcher’s work and effectiveness)
- A 2-page statement by the candidate (including summary of research projects, grants, presentation and recent publication, with an emphasis on USU involvement )
- 200-word bio of the nominee
- Current photograph (professional-type headshot preferred)
- Colleges should seek broad input to identify college nominees.
- Colleges will utilize a college-specific process of selection.
- College deans will make the final decision in selecting their college Doctoral Researcher of the Year.
- The college deans’ offices will fill out the online form to submit their selectees for consideration for the University Doctoral Researcher of the Year.
- The Office of Research and Graduate Studies, in consultation with USUSA, will select the University Doctoral Researcher of the Year from the nominees submitted online.
- Deadline for online submission to the RGS Office is JANUARY 31, 2018.
- The University Doctoral Student Researcher of the Year will receive a $300 monetary award.
- Recipient will be announced at USU’s annual Robins Awards Ceremony.
- College nominees will be recognized at the Student Research Awards Ceremony during Research Week.