Skip to main content

Permission to take Junior Classes

Please provide the following information and email it to the appropriate advisor listed below.

Your full name:
Student number:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Phone number:
Semester you’ll be taking these classes:

Classes for which you need permission:  e.g., ECE 3710, MAE 3340, CEE 3210, NOT the CRNs
    • If your major is Biological Engineering, send request to
    • If your major is Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, send request to
    • If your major is Mechanical Engineering (with or without Aerospace emphasis), send request to:
(A-G) to
(H-J) to
(K-M) to
(N-Q) to
(R-Z) to

  • If your major is Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering, send request to Leslie Buxton
  • If your major is Computer Science, send request to Myra Cook
  • If your major is not in engineering but you need to take one or two of our classes (e.g., Geology majors, Industrial Hygiene majors, Physics majors, etc.), send request to Katherine Grover
Requirements before permission is granted to add classes:
  • Current semester’s grades must be final
  • You will receive an email you when the classes have been authorized. 
  • In the interim, register for all your sophomore classes. 
  • To fill your registration in order for scholarship/aid to activate, you may use ENGR 2930 for a place holder class. It is a variable credit class and will default to one credit. You may change it to reflect the number of credits you need.  When you’re allowed to add your upper division classes, drop ENGR 2930.


Contact Information:
Engineering Advising Center
Phone: (435) 797-2705